стаж 6 лет и 1 месяц
Main Purpose of the Role
To contribute to the development and delivery of the School’s programme of research led teaching, and to undertake and support related administrative activity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in the development of coursework assignments, practical exercises and projects, create reading lists and other study materials and use modern teaching methodologies and practices, for example Moodle, to support and deliver these.
2. To support the delivery of teaching within an established programme of study by means of lectures, seminars, laboratory sessions and tutorials.
3. Organise and facilitate student projects.
4. Demonstrate and supervise undergraduate laboratory experiments.
5. Assist in the marking of coursework assignments, examinations, laboratory work and other forms of assessment.
6. Develop personal scholarship in a manner that leads to innovative research that informs the teaching process.
7. Participate as a member of teaching and research teams, collaborating with colleagues on course development, teaching and assessment, projects and accreditation processes.
8. Develop a network of professional contacts in relation to the teaching and research requirements of the School.
9. Participation in the process of professional integration with an academic staff of other Schools of the University. Contribute to the building of teaching relationships with the other Schools of the University.
10. Act as a Personal Tutor and be the first point of contact for students.
11. Refer students to other sources of assistance in the School or University as appropriate or required.
12. Maintain class and tutorial registers and attendance records and, when necessary, write student progress reports.
13. Compile and maintain records of student marks on behalf of the module coordinator.
14. Prepare student coursework and examination scripts for submission to the module coordinator or Head of Discipline as part of the assessment process
15. Contribute to the external promotion of the School’s and the University’s activities through attendance at conferences, colloquia and research related activities.
16. Follow and promote University policies, including equal opportunities policies.
17. Maintain awareness of, promote and follow at all times the University and School of Engineering policies on fire and health and safety.
18. Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade, purpose and spirit of the post.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post and, as duties and responsibilities develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.